Understories showed up on a handful of Best of 2012 lists, and I figured I’d round ’em up and corral them in one spot. Here they are, with copious dollops of gratitude to everyone who read, reviewed, or rated the book, to anyone whose to-read or maybe pile it wormed itself into, to those who have spread the word, attended a reading, or might do so down the road. And to you for reading this far.
- Michele Filgate listed it on her Top Ten of the year at Salon.com http://www.salon.com/2012/12/23/what_…, and also wrote a bit about it at Vol. 1 Brooklyn: http://www.vol1brooklyn.com/2012/12/1….
- David Gutowski listed it as one of his Favorite Short Story Collections of the year at Largehearted Boy: http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/a….
- Matt Bell collared it, along with Diane Williams’s Vicky Swanky is a Beauty, as one of his two favorite collections of the year at http://www.mdbell.com/post/3925923266….
- Jason Jordan cited it as his Best Short Story Collection of the year at http://www.poweringthedevilscircus.bl….
- Okla Elliot put it at on his year-end list of short story collections he enjoyed at http://heavyfeatherreview.com/2012/12….
- Amber Sparks listed it as a top collection at http://bigother.com/2012/12/14/take-t….
- Terry Weyna, at her Reading the Leaves blog, put it on her Best of the Year list: http://readingtheleaves.com/bestbooks….
- Jennifer Spiegel gave it a special accolade at her end of the year blog in the delightful category of “Book Most Outside My Usual Fare That I Think You Should Read Because It’s Wildly Imaginative, Acutely Intelligent, The Prose Is Striking, and It’s Intellectually Stimulating.” http://jenniferspiegel.com/www.jennif…
- Joshua Nomen-Mutatio was kind enough to give it a write-in vote in the comments on The Millions at http://www.themillions.com/2012/11/th….
Happy New Year, everyone…onward to 2013!